
Our family loves, LOVES July 4th! We start the day off with the Peachtree City Parade, where my kids are as giddy as Christmas jumping after the candy, popsicles, and toys thrown at them. Logan, of course had an enormous blowout all over his 4th of July outfit within the first five minutes we get situated in our spot with our friends.
Then later, we packed a dinner and camped out with friends and family on the golf course for the fireworks. Our children played non-stop for two and a half hours with all the other children while we waited for it to get dark enough for the fireworks. Bailey was covered in sand from playing with her friends in the creek and sandpit. Luke was running constantly getting dirty where ever he could, and Brooklyn became quite the socialite this year. She was the peacemaker between her 6 year old group girl drama saying, "I am everyone's friend." She can also throw a frisbee better than me. Neil was very proud. Luke loved the fireworks, as he kept yelling, "Wow! That was a BIG one!" Logan was so chill the whole time. Thank you BryAnn for taking care of him at the fireworks. He was such a cuddle bug to Grandma B. He is so full of smiles these days, and makes the funniest faces that gets us all cracking up. Stop growing so fast Logan!
Neil is so happy, as he finally got his Basketball Hoop up this weekend.
As for me, I was completly in my element this July 4th as I popped in the Neil Diamond CD my Dad got me and didn't miss a word or beat (except for Desiree, which my parents always skipped, and so did I). Neil was as amazed as at the time when he and I were dating, and Jenae and I rocked out to every word of a Beach Boys song that was playing on the car radio. Don't mess with the Martin girls! We know every word to the Beach Boys, Neil Diamond, The Sound of Music, The Fiddler on the Roof, and Saturday's Warrior soundtracks. It was like the greatest gig growing up a Martin! I hope my kids are having as much fun as I did!








Yay for the blog!! Now I can watch you and the kiddos...still can't believe you have 4!! The pictures make it more real. :) Email me and I'll send you an invite to my "private" blog. Bow wow wow yippy yo yippy yay!
ReplyDeleteSo cute!!!! I can't believe how fast Logan filled those little cheeks out! What a cute blog! What a cute family!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute blog! What a cute family!!! I can't believe Logan's little cheeks have filled out so much in just a few months!
ReplyDeleteSorry--I didn't think the first comment posted.
ReplyDeleteYay Kindra! I loved this post - learning about what your kids are up to, but also the memories..."on the boats and on the planes...we're coming to America!" Growing up Martin was a sweet gig. Can't wait to see you in August!
ReplyDeleteI thought I already commented on this post, but apparently it didn't save! I liked this post a lot too! Brett is going to be jealous once he finds out Neil has a basketball hoop, so I'm not going to tell him. I am glad you guys had a good 4th of July! Ours was kindof weird because it fell on a Sunday so a lot of stuff was on Saturday, but the work holiday was Monday. Also, I LOVE all those songs, and yes I think I will always have them memorized. Growing up Martin was a lot of fun! See you soon!
ReplyDelete